UNITED METHODIST MEN (UMM)
FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH of BELLA VISTA
Adopted July 9, 2014
Amended December 9, 2015
We believe in:
Seeking, engaging and encouraging men to commit themselves to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
Encouraging knowledge of and support for the total mission of The United Methodist Church and working with other units of the United Methodist Men to achieve the Church’s mission.
Engaging in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel through word and deed.
Clarifying and speaking to the identity and role of men in contemporary society.
Article I. NAME
The name of the unit is the United Methodist Men (UMM) of the First United Methodist Church of Bella Vista of Bella Vista, Arkansas, chartered and certified annually by the General Board of Discipleship of The United Methodist Church.
Article II. PURPOSE
It’s primary purpose is to build disciples for Jesus Christ. The UMM shall be a creative, supportive, Christian fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ, grow spiritually in Christian faith, assist men to know Jesus Christ, serve Him, and seek daily to do His will.
Article III. CONCERNS
- To encourage knowledge of and the support for the total mission of the United Methodist Church.
- To engage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel in its personal and social dimensions.
- To clarify and speak to the identity and role of the man in contemporary society.
- To seek commitment to discipleship.
- To study and become familiar with The United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines and beliefs.
- To cooperate with units of The United Methodist Men in obtaining objectives through district, conference and church-wide goals.
- To support the ministries, programs and projects sponsored by the National Office of The United Methodist Men.
- To support district-wide projects that would provide a sence of community among the men of the Northwest District, Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church.
- To demonstrate our commitment, as a group of dedicated men, to the ongoing support, care and development of the programs and facilities of the First United Methodist Church of Bella Vista.
Article IV. MEMBERSHIP
- Any male member or regular visitor of the First United Methodist Church, Bella Vista.
- Membership is also open to men of other United Methodist Churches, men from other denominations as well as non-churched men of the community.
Article V. MEETINGS
UMM shall have meetings as specified in the By-Laws. The meeting held during the month of November each year shall be designated as the annual meeting. The election of officers shall take place every other year beginning in 2016.
Article VI. OFFICERS
The officers shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. They shall be elected at the annual meeting in November for the next calendar year.
Article VII. ESTABLISHMENT OF COMMITTEES AND TASK FORCES
The UMM shall establish such committees and task forces it deems necessary in order to carry out the business and objectives of the UMM.
Article VIII. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee shall be composed of the following: The officers, immediate Past President, Program Chairman and two at large members as appointed by the Executive Committee. The Pastor is an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee. General administration and supervision of the affairs of the unit are vested in the Executive Committee.
Article IX. QUORUMS
Those members present at any monthly or special meeting of the UMM shall be considered a quorum provided the membership is notified in a timely manner.
Article X. CORRELATION
The work of the UMM shall be correlated with the total program of the church as initiated and directed by the Church Council, under leadership of the Pastor.
Article XI. FINANCES
The programs of the UMM shall be financed by such means as the members may approve on the recommendation of the Executive Committee.
Article XII. CLUSTER UNIT
Because of too few men, low interest, or any other reasons it may be desirable for the men from one or more churches to come together and form a Cluster Unit of United Methodist Men with appropriate officers. Such reorganization is authorized under this Constitution if necessary.
Article XIII. BY-LAWS
By-Laws in harmony with the provisions of this Constitution may be adopted by two-thirds majority vote of all members present and voting, at a regular or called meeting, provided proper advance notice be given to the membership of such proposed changes.